Rates for Individual Therapy
Fees vary by clinician based on experience and specialization.
Doctoral level therapist:
- $250 for Initial Evaluation (50-70 minutes)
- $185 for Individual Psychotherapy (45-55 minutes)
Masters level therapist:
- $225 for Initial Evaluation (50-70 minutes)
- $170 for Individual Psychotherapy (45-55 minutes)
Provisionally licensed therapist:
- $160 for Initial Evaluation (50-70 minutes)
- $140 for Individual Psychotherapy (45-55 minutes)
Rates for Couples Therapy
- $225 for Initial Consultation (60 minutes)
- $200 for Couples Therapy Sessions (60 minutes)
Health insurance is a complex system and can feel overwhelming. We get it. Or at least we try to! On this page we try to outline how you may use your insurance to pay for therapy. Please know – we don’t expect you to master all of this lingo. We can help. This is our best attempt to communicate what you can expect from our center related to using insurance.
We are an “out-of-network” provider, which means if your insurance company offers out-of-network benefits, you should receive some reimbursement for the cost of our services. Most insurance companies that provide out-of-network benefits cover between 50%-75% of the cost per session. The best way to find out what your out-of-network coverage includes is to call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card.
We’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it, and have I met it yet?
- Do you cover telehealth appointments?
- What are the “reasonable and customary” rates in the 21211 zip code for the initial evaluation session (CPT code 90791) and for ongoing sessions (CPT code 90834 or 90837)? What amount will I be reimbursed for these services with X therapist?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Is there pre-authorization required? If so, what information do you need for this? Is there a specific form that needs to be filled out?
The good news is at New Connections we handle the out-of-network paperwork for you so that you can get reimbursed quickly. Unlike most therapists and psychologists in the area, we utilize technology to process your payment and electronically submit a request to your insurance company for out-of-network coverage. This saves you time and expedites the process of getting an insurance reimbursement check in the mail to you. We can talk about this in person if your coverage is confusing, or if you need any help understanding the information you have received from your insurance provider.
The way it works is — if you are utilizing your out-of-network benefits, we will accept payment of the full fee from you directly at the time of service. Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
We take payment directly from clients for services provided, and we accept cash, personal checks, credit card, health, and flex spending cards. We are happy to discuss our fees with you in person as well, so please feel free to contact us with specific questions or we can talk about this when we meet.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. You will be charged for the full rate of the session if you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice. Any no-show appointment will be charged the full rate of the session. Please note: the fee paid for an appointment that wasn’t attended will not be reimbursed by insurance.
We understand that life happens and there are times when you simply cannot make an appointment. However, a canceled appointment hurts three people: you, your therapist, and another client who could have potentially used your time slot. When a session is canceled without much notice, we are unable to fill this time slot by offering it to another client.
In the case of inclement weather, we have a HIPAA compliant Telehealth system to conduct video sessions. Most insurance companies will reimburse in-network providers for Telehealth sessions but there is no guarantee of this and in the case that they do not, our regular fees would apply.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!